This year we wanted to skip the regular valentines day cards and do what we did last year... (maybe this is our new tradition!)... We make crayons! Actually we recycled our old ones and made new ones! Here is what we did:
- Remove all the wrappers (if you are going to use new crayons... I highly recommend soaking them in warm water so the papers come off easily... I ruined my nails/finger tips trying peel them dry).
- Break the crayon into 3-5 pieces
- Spray lightly the bottoms of a muffin tin (we used heart shaped)... if using a silicone muffin mold then you wont need to spray.
- Put several crayon pieces into mold... at least enough to cover the bottom
- Place into pre-heated oven for @ 10-15 min (250*F)
- Remove from oven... let rest until solid (I let them rest a few minutes and then place it in the freezer. They pop right out!)
You can round the edges on paper by 'coloring' and then we placed ours onto heart shaped doilies and wrote a little note " You Color My World Valentine!"