Friday, December 30, 2011

A project and a win!

So, on Monday (day after Christmas) I took Cal to Target so he could spend some Gift Card money.  I am so proud of his decisions as he purchased some much needed Jeans and then  had enough left over to buy a toy.  As we were getting into the car to head to another store I decided to quickly check my iPhone and saw that I had an email.  It was the best email I've had in a long while!  You see... I had entered into a giveaway via another blog and much to my surprise I actually won!!  It may not seem much to you but as a quilter who has had to pinch back on my fabric purchasing ~ this was a very big win!  I won a fat quart bundle of flannel fabrics from Kansas Troubles, my favorite fabric designers!  I actually started to cry as I read my email... Cal was so sweet to ask me if I was OK and when I explained what had happened he told me he was so glad for me because he knew it meant a lot to me and thought I deserved the win!  Girls... start sending in your resumes... I am going to VERY picky who gets to spend their life as his wife!   Anyhow, I have been doodling and sketching and browsing a couple of quilt books my mom sent me to figure out what kind of quilt I am going to make.  Chris wants me to make one to cover our King sized bed... that will be a very big quilt but a Flannel one would be perfect!  Here is the website, Kansas Troubles Quilters,  that I won from... and a photo that they had posted on their site with a picture of the fabric!  I am so excited for it to arrive!

I have also been working on a few other crafty projects.  This one is my first attempt at fried glass... I will get better with more practice... I cant tell you how many ideas I have swirling around in my head.  I need to start sketching and writing down my ideas!  Tell me what you think... any potential?

No comments: