Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Stitches

Lydia completed her first quilt block today! She went to JoAnn Fabrics and picked out a block with a star pattern. It is cream, purple, green and pink... Mom gave her a quick lesson on the machine sewing lines on a piece of paper. With minor help she was able to assemble the pieces! Mom did the ironing and cutting and will probably do the actual hand quilting. Something princessy will probably be the backing! Hooray for Lydia! She was so excited to learn! She even wanted to get out Mom's graph paper and pencils to sketch the drawing/sizes first... hmmm she has been watching mom do her quilt designs! Chris used his cell phone to take a snap of her first stitches... there is a video but we will have to edit the length of that one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lydia, I think your quilt square is absolutely beautiful. I love your choice of colors. I am very proud of you and so is Opa. Your Mom is a good teacher! I will put the picture up in my office tomorrow.
Love, Oma

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful job she did! I have never ever done one so she has beaten me by many, many years!